I completely fell off of the blogging wagon, again. I also fell off with the internet in general. I feel so conflicted about it because while I am interning, spending more time with family and friends; I really miss blogging and being in the book community. What I’ve realized is that I need to go back to the way I used to be when I was scheduling far in advance with my posts.
This update is long overdue, all the way from August, so here we go:
Books Read - this total for 3 months shows how badly I have been in a reading slump, because this is usually what two months of reading looks like for me...
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling and those other guys
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- Breaking Up With Barrett by Katy Regnery
- The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray
- Tangled by Emma Chase
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
- Stay with Me by J. Lynn
- Royally Screwed by Emma Chase
- American Queen by Sierra Simone
Books Reviewed -
Blog Posts - I am an intern for Teenreads.com so that explains all of my postings there!
- Teenreads and New York Comic Con 2016, Part 2: Deep Cuts (Contributed on this - Teenreads.com)
- Teenreads and New York Comic Con 2016, Part 1: Overview (Contributed on this - Teenreads.com)
- An Evening with Leigh Bardugo --- Author of SIX OF CROWS (Teenreads.com)
Book Signings/Events Attended - (I think I might start doing features on the book signings that I attend!)
- New York Comic Con
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo Launch Party - The Strand
- Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige Launch Party - Books of Wonder
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi Launch Party - 42nd Street Public Library
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Midnight Release Party - Books of Wonder
- Timeless - this is one new show that I am obsessed with. It is really well done and I am very intrigued by all of the plots it is setting up.
- This is Us - this is the unexpected show that has taken over my heart.
- Supergirl (and Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow) - I tried Supergirl when it premiered but didn’t get hooked. I binge watched it because it would be joining The CW DC line up and I fell in love with its quirky sensibilities.
- Sex and the City - this has been my big binge over this summer. I still have like two seasons and two movies to go, but I really love this show.
I made Shadow Hunter cupcakes for my friend Amanda! It was her birthday and Cassandra Clare's books are her favorite. I think they turned out pretty cute. If you would be interested in finding out how I did this, I would totally share it in a blog post.
Next month, Amanda and I are actually getting the chance to meet Cassandra Clare and Barnes & Noble Tribeca. We can't be more excited!
Looking Forward to Next Month
- Cassandra Clare Signing
- Thanksgiving baking
- Fantastic Beasts and