I may have fallen way off course with blogging, but January was a great start to the year. 2016 is going to be great I can feel it! The first 5 days of the month I was in Florida, which was an amazing vacation filled with Disney and Universal days. I changed my hair drastically. I turned 20, which is absurd.Books Read
1. Titans by Victoria Scott
2. Body Check by Elle Kennedy
3. Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn
4. The Score by Elle Kennedy
5. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
6. Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter
7. Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter
8. Lady Jane by Jane Austen
9. Air He Breathes by Brittany C. Cherry
A Series A Month
January was a fail! I came close, but didn't manage to finish Chosen at Nightfall.
5 of the books I've read this month were backlist!
4 of the books I've read this month were Contemporary Romances.
Flights of Fantasy
Goodreads Awards Challenge
Both Illuminae and Air He Breathes were nominated books!
Blog Posts - I plan on changing this sad number of 3 in February. I just slumped out bad! I have a plan to try and go in a new direction this year and I hope I can do that.
- I shared the 2016 challenges that I signed up for. I hope to keep you updated on that progress in these posts.
- I reviewed the first two episodes of The Shannara Chronicles. I am really loving this high fantasy show on MTV. I can't recommend it enough. I had pretty low expectations, but I think YA fantasy fans will love this show.
- For last week's TTT, I shared the top ten books on my TBR. This was basically my next to read list, which is always bound to change because I am a mood reader. Looking back at this now and I am super excited all over again for these books. But I have so many books to read for school.
- The 100 - is back and I am missed it so much. Everyone is obsessed with this show, for good reason. This the one show where if there is even a hint of chemistry, I will ship it. I ship Clarke with like three people at this point. (Bellarke is endgame, but she needs to spread her wings.)
- Arrow/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow- I love this whole line up. DC has really created what Marvel has with its cinematic universe. They each bring their own unique tone and characters. I still think Arrow is my favorite, but they are all fantastic.
- The Shannara Chronicles- I already gave you my thoughts on it above, but really watch it.
- The X-Files and Lucifer- I've haven't seen enough to fully say they are great. Obviously, X-Files is great but I'm not quite sure where they are taking it with this mini series. Lucifer was an unexpected surprise. The tone was really great.
- Star Wars: The Force Awaken- I FREAKING LOVED IT AND NEED TO SEE IT AGAIN!
- Sisters- I saw this one with Lili before she left for England. It was pretty good. Anything that combines Amy Poehlr and Tina Fey is. It wasn't as good as Baby Mama though.
- The Martian- I finally got around to watching this one. It was really great. Boring at times, but the struggle was real.
Hair- I've never been one for fussing about my hair. I care more about my makeup and outfit. I have straight hair that doesn't need much time. I really wanted a change and got ombre hair. I am kind of obsessed with it.
The left is from last week so it looks a bit different and the right is after it was done. I am enjoying life being half blonde.
Baking- I love to bake. That was a huge thing for me in 2014 and 2015. I am still going strong with it. I baked several new things this month.
Top Row (Left to Right)- Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti, Chocolate Chip Biscotti, Almond Biscotti, and Coconut Oil Birthday Cake Sugar Cookies
Bottom Row- Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Writing- I reached 20k on the project that I started during NaNoWriMo. This is the same WIP that I fake reviewed in December. I wrote roughly 8,000 or so words, which I am happy with. I track my count in my planner by every 500 words written, so I definitely wrote more than that. I hope to get to around 40-50k into the manuscript in February.
New Semester- I have a great schedule this semester with three Lit classes, two communications classes, and a marketing class. I will definitely have to go back to taking a few core classes next semester but I'll enjoy the fun this semester.
I plan on getting back into blogging in February, reading more YA, writing more, baking my first ever cake pops, and having a blast.
How was your January? Do you have any goals for February?