Welcome to Meet The Newbies, a co-hosted event from Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books and I, in which we introduce you to all of the new kids in school aka the 2015 debut authors.
Meet The Author:
Tessa Elwood is a Midwestern web-designer obsessed with stories, coffee, and running shoes. She writes YA sci-fi and is particularly fascinated by messy lives and complicated loyalties.Find out more about her:
Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Meet her debut novel:
Author: Tessa Elwood
Genre: YA Scifi
Releases: December 8th 2015 by Running Press Kids
Three royal houses ruling three interplanetary systems are on the brink of collapse, and they must either ally together or tear each other apart in order for their people to survive. Asa is the youngest daughter of the house of Fane, which has been fighting a devastating food and energy crisis for far too long. She thinks she can save her family’s livelihood by posing as her oldest sister in an arranged marriage with Eagle, the heir to the throne of the house of Westlet. The appearance of her mother, a traitor who defected to the house of Galton, adds fuel to the fire, while Asa also tries to save her sister Wren's life . . . possibly from the hands of their own father. But as Asa and Eagle forge a genuine bond, will secrets from the past and the urgent needs of their people in the present keep them divided? Author Tessa Elwood's debut series is an epic romance at heart, set against a mine field of political machinations, space adventure, and deep-seeded family loyalties.
Thank you so much Tess for participating in Meet The Newbs! Here is her guest post on the ten random things on her phone, which are all pretty awesome!
1. Cannot convey my joy when I finally got an aux port. The good things in life.
2. A little addicted to Dragon Age. Just a bit.
3. With a celiac in the family, perfecting a gluten-free sandwich bread has become a Life Goal. Until then, have a donut.
4. I always hand write my notes from calls, then take a snapshot instead of typing them up.
5. How I do 99% of my reading.
6. The beauty of the cloud writing on my computer, automatic saving, easy up-to-date access from my phone. (And now I sound like an ad.)
7. I'll phone type scene in shorthand sometimes. Usually just dialogue without tags or beats.
8. I track everything in Day One. It's the perfect agenda/journal app, complete with tags for easy access. Current Asa tag tally: 230.
9. PicTapGo! is the app of Totally Rad—the brains behind some of the best photo editing tools on the market. (They're a standard part of my PS workflow.) But I still use Camera+ or Photogene on occasion.
10. Yes, I snapshot my podcasts. See the stop point? That's a song I want to track down later. The power of the phone.
Enter to win an ARC of Inherit The Stars kindly provided by Tessa Elwood!
This is US ONLY!
Other #MeetTheNewbs Posts & Giveaways:
Remember to mark down on your calendar that July 24th @ 9pm EST the second Meet The Newbies twitter chat is taking place using the hashtag #MTN2015