This is co-run by one of my closest friends. I remember her attempting to finish series last summer and I was like I need to do that. Also, I made the image for the event which was fun and helped me procrastinate!
So I had to sign up for this challenge for the summer.
I am leaving all of the official rules down below, but the gist of it is that for three months you have to read a complete series each month. Then you get extra points for every series you finish up.
I have a horrible track record with finishing series. I get distracted, I don't buy the rest of the books, or I get too attached to the point that I can't say goodbye.
Here are the series that I physically own the entire series and I have not read any of it. I am actua;;y really bothered by the amount of these.
1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns Series by Rae Carson
2. His Fair Assassin Series by Robin Lafevers
3. Hourglass Series by Myra McEntire
4. The Night Creatures Series by Marianne de Pierres
5. Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins
6. The Darkness Rising Series by Kelley Armstrong
I feel like I am going to end up reading The Girl of Fire and Thorns, His Fair Assassins and Hex Hall, but that is always subject to change.
Some series I need to finish, because I actually own the books to finish them up.
The Selection Series, The Darkest Minds, Under The Never Sky, Shadow Falls, Heroes of Olympus, Lux Series, Grisha Trilogy, Lynburn Legacy, The Mortal Instruments, and more.
If I can't physically see the series then I don't remember, which ones I have that I can finish.
I can't wait to demolish my series TBR this Summer, hopefully poolside. I might get cracking on this during a road trip I am going on with my parents to D.C in June!
- Encourage readers to start more series and to introduce them to new ones.
- Knock some books off the ever-present TBR.
- Have fun!
- Summer of Series will run for the months of June, July, and August, and we'll wrap everything up on September 15th. Please look for posts at the beginning of each month, as that will house the series giveaway link ups. June will again include the original sign up linky, whereas July will include a new linky for you to share a review of the series you read in June (the same goes for the beginning of August--for the series read in July--and the beginning of September for the series read in August). We will choose one winner each month.
- To be eligible for each monthly prize, you must add your name to the sign ups below (please link directly to your post, not your blog!) as well as the link to your full series review. There are no specific requirements for the reviews; just be sure to share your thoughts somewhere: your blog, Goodreads, etc. In other words, you have to complete the challenge each month by reading a full series.
- To be eligible for the author giveaways, you must add your name to the sign ups below (please link directly to your post, not your blog!) but you do not have to do the monthly reviews portion or necessarily complete the challenge.
- The giveaway is one book per winner (three total) and is open internationally as long as The Book Depository ships to you. Winner receives a book of their choice, as long as it belongs to a series.
- You will get one entry for the series that you read and reviewed for the challenge, but you can also link up to reviews posted the previous month for books belonging to a series (each book review gets you one more entry!). You will be eligible to link up during the first 15 days of the month.
Example: July 1st Link Up
- I read the Under the Never Sky trilogy in June. I add the link to my review or acknowledgement of its completion to July's link. That's one entry.
- I also posted a review of All Lined Up by Cora Carmack in June. I ad the link of that review to the linky. That's one entry since it works towards another series.
- I also posted an ARC review of Lion heart by A.C. Gaughen in June. I add the link of that review to the linky. That's one more entry.
- I get three entries total. One for completing my monthly challenge and two for reading two more series-related books and posting about them somewhere either in a review or in my monthly recap
- Just keep in mind that you cannot add reviews for series-related books only. To be eligible for the giveaway, you must have read and reviewed one complete series that month.
- Each author giveaway will have its own criteria specified in that post, but entries do not depend on completing a series each month like the overall giveaways do.
Are you interested in this? Have you signed up yet? Are you planning on signing up?