Title: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess
Author: Meg Cabot
Series: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess #1 (Spin off of The Princess Diaries)
Genre: MG Contemporary
Published: May 19th, 2015 from Feiwel & Friends
Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison is a completely average twelve-year-old: average height, average weight, average brown hair of average length, average brown skin and average hazel eyes. The only things about her that aren't average are her name (too long and princess themed), her ability to draw animals (useful for her future career as a wildlife illustrator), and the fact that she is a half-orphan who has never met her father and is forced to live with her aunt and uncle (who treat her almost like their own kids, so she doesn't want to complain). Then one completely average day, everything goes wrong: the most popular girl in school, Annabelle Jenkins, threatens to beat her up, the principal gives her a demerit, and she's knocked down at the bus stop... Until a limo containing Princess Mia Thermopolis of Genovia pulls up to invite her to New York to finally meet her father, who promptly invites her to come live with him, Mia, Grandmère and her two fabulous poodles... Maybe Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison isn't so average after all!
WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WOKE UP ONE DAY AND FOUND OUT I WAS A PRINCESS?
- I would make sure my pesky college tuition was all taken care of.
- Have a few days of doing whatever I want where money wasn't a problem.
- Make sure my family and friends were well taken care of.
- Go to the country that I was the princess of and learn everything about it (and its people).
- Eat all of the local foods, because I would probably have a personal trainer or something.
- Learn how to be a princess.
- Undergo a huge makeover, like one does when they find out they are a princess.
- Make lots of mistakes.
- Travel the world.
What would you do if you found out you were a princess or prince?