Here is the Movie Cover of the Book
I think I have read this book twice and I really want to read it again. I loved this book for multiple reasons. It combines multiple paranormal creatures brilliantly. The mythology of the shadow hunters and the world building is done excellently. The characters have so much life and are all hysterical in their own way. You can't read this book with out laughing. At times the book is predictable but the plot twists were executed greatly. I really just loved all of the characters. They had such different personalities and I was able to fall in love with each of them for multiple reasons.
Movie Review- I saw this movie Wednesday August 21st Release Day! And on 8/24 I saw it again. THERE MAY BE SPOILERS!!
1. They semi stayed close to book. The first 40 minutes is pretty much the book on screen. Any adaptation is going to change things to move the story along or skew it in a way that works better for the visual scenes. I think in the grand scheme it was true to the story. There are plenty of movies and tv shows based on books that feel like they just slapped the book title on their and never read the book.
2. The action sequences were amazing. Probably the best parts of the movie.
3. I think Robert who plays Simon and Lily who plays Clary were stand outs in performance. Everyone else did a good job but they were excellent!
4. There may be more cons than pros because it is easier to be picky since I have seen this twice but they really captured the essence of the book that to me is what matters the most.
5. I need more Robert Sheehan in my life. STAT!
1. Magnus Bane wasn't bold enough for me! He was such a vibrant character in the books. He needed more life. he wasn't flamboyant enough. Glitter eyeliner just doesn't cut it for me!
2. It is hinted already that they aren't siblings! Don't give juicy plot lines away so easily!
3. Isabelle's dialouge wasn't as sassy as the books. Jemima did great with the script but I think Izzy wasn't captured in the right way.
4. The Clace Jace/Clary kiss scene was great except for the corny music playing that got louder when they kissed! Come on that is cheesy. The song is by Demi Lovato and it is nice but not the song to be played with a kiss scene.
5. There were a lot of things they mentioned that the reader would understand but needed more explanation for a random movie goer.
6. Jamie Campbell Bower needs to bulk up a little. Not just because I pictured Jace a little bit bigger but because he looks sickly skinny. To the point that when he took his shirt of it was gross and I wanted him to put it back on!