Keeping Organized- Blog Edition!
I want to do some organizational post just because I feel being organized helps so much. For me keeping track of my posts for my blog can be really tough. I have recently joined several book tour sites and blog hops for upcoming giveaways it is just a pain to keep track of it all!
|I swear I am not this bad!|
- Use your phone! It is probably the one thing that is with you at all times so put it to use! Set reminders and notifications for yourself. If you have an iphone (like me) ipod or ipad use the reminders app and make reminders for reviews you need to do, books to be read, giveaways, and anything else that needs to be done. One thing I do is I have a mail reminder so in the details of the reminder I put everything I should be receiving in the mails from recent book purchases, books I won, clothes I bought, and anything else! When comes I take it off the list so I know I received it.
- Also use a calendar! I keep one on my phone so that I can keep dates for every scheduled post!
- Keep you email account under control! Delete the junk mail everyday just so you can save the important emails so they too can act as reminders!
- Keep a notebook or word document. I prefer a notebook just so that I can easily grab it.
- I make a monthly list of scheduled post. So basically in addition to my calendar I list every date that there is a post for and what it is for.
- EXAMPLE- July schedule 2nd Bitten shame tour from Promotional Book tours (Review) 6th Summer Reads Hop (INT) hosted by I Am A Reader Not A Writer
- Also in my notebook I take notes on books for review things to jog my memory when I write the post what I liked and didn't like what makes the book different. Also if it is a sequel I write notes on the first book to refer back to.
- I plan out all my giveaways! What I want to giveaway the date I am posting it and the entries I want to have on rafflecopter. As well as the comment question. It makes it very simple when it comes time to posting.
- Keep your bookshelves organized very well. This probably doesn't seem that helpful but for me it is. I keep everything organized by genre which makes it easy to find books I need.
- Leave a pile of your recent purchases if you do a weekly meme on them or just make a list so it is easy to take them off the shelves when the times comes!
- Make a list of the books you read it will surprise you how many you read in a years time! I separate it by school year though and by summer! So I can set goals say I read 30 books during school months next year I have to read 40. Also it helps you remember what books you haven't reviewed yet!